- Standard tickets: £8 (includes 50p booking fee)
- Under 21s and FRIENDS OF THE ALHAMBRA: £6 (includes 50p booking fee)
- Family (2 Adults, 2 Children / 1 Adult, 3 children under 15) £22.50
- Special Events: theatre, ballet, opera and music - £16.00; FRIEND £14 , under 21 £10
- One-off films/exhibitions: individually priced
- Disability concession, no charge for 1 carer with valid CEA
- 10% discount for groups of 20+ (email or call to book)
- Private parties by arrangement (email or call to discuss)
- Ourscreen member (set up your own screening, public or private)
- Impromptu rainy-day film screenings for groups can be arranged (email or call!)
Tel: 017687 72195 (leave a message, we will get back to you).
Friends of the Alhambra
Become a Friend of the Alhambra for £12.50 a year and enjoy:
- one complimentary ticket for a standard film (balcony or stalls)
- £2 off ALL tickets - includes live-streamed & special events
Purchase your membership card at the box office in person.
Keswick Film Club, YHA and local Women's Institute members can join for just £10
Anyone on pension credit can have a Friend card for free
On our online Gift Voucher platform you can purchase a Friends Card with two complimentary tickets for £20 - an ideal gift for anyone who lives near Keswick, but do check they don't already have one!
Keswick Film Club
The Alhambra hosts the Keswick Film Club every Sunday evening from September to March, screening the best of British and World cinema. The Club runs the Keswick Film Festival, which takes place in Feb/March each year (27 Feb to 1 March 2020).
Give an experience rather than more stuff! Choose from a range of gift vouchers for our cinema: tickets for two, tickets with spending money, a Friend of the Alhambra card and complimentary tickets, or monetary vouchers. For those who don't like to order (or receive) electronically, we can also issue gift vouchers & cards at the box office.
Built in 1913, the Keswick Alhambra is one of very few UK picture houses that have been in continuous operation for over 100 years. See below a film marking our Centenary in 2014, or click here for a full history of the Keswick Alhambra.
- Open seven days a week
- Comfortable environment
- Impeccable customer service
- Free tea/filter coffee, and a range of sweet and savoury snacks, soft and alcoholic drinks at very cheap prices (not your standard cinema at all!)
- Audio induction loop, wheelchair access & accessible toilet
- Capacity 246: 152 in the stalls downstairs and 94 in the balcony upstairs
- State-of-the-art Barco Digital Projector and Dolby Processor: an incredibly sharp, bright picture with magnificent colour rendition, and 5.1 Dolby Digital sound. The quality has to be seen and heard to be believed!
- We retain traditional 35mm film projection capability to screen classic films.
VENUE HIRE: Drop us a line via the contact page and we’ll be in touch - we do private screenings for interest groups, anniversaries, hen parties, children's birthday films, or you can book just the balcony for a screening open to the public downstairs. Let us know what film you want to see and we will enquire about licensing and costs.
Parent & Baby / Relaxed Screenings
We hold regular screenings where we keep the lights on low for visibility, sound a bit lower than usual, and where the sound of infants or other more noisy or restless or jiggly cinema patrons is to be expected (it's a 'no-tutting' environment!). All are welcome at these screenings - head for the balcony at stalls prices if you are not accompanied by an infant. We have a changing table in the disabled loo, and lots of room for prams. Under 24 months free. (For 15 cert films where we have a special licence from the Council, only babies under 12 months allowed). To find out what is on, and help us select films, join our Keswick Alhambra Parents & Babies FB Group.
The nearest car parks to the Alhambra are Central and Bell's, on either side of the market square. For more information on parking in Keswick, see https://www.keswick.org/visitor-information/car-parks.
We have an induction audio loop, step-free entrance from the pavement through to the stalls, and ample space for mobility vehicles and wheelchairs in the stalls, with an accessible toilet and baby-change. The balcony can only be accessed by stairs: about 20 wide, solid steps, with a good handrail.